Reports to the Dean.
The RCOAL Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-racism Council makes policy recommendations aimed at increasing diversity in the College and ensuring that all individuals—but particularly BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and international faculty, staff, and students—feel welcome, safe, represented, respected, and valued. In fulfilling this purpose, the Council engages in actions including, but not limited to:
- Assessing the College’s overall climate regarding diversity
- Developing and periodically updating the College’s diversity action plan
- Proposing and coordinating diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives
- Coordinating with other College and department committees to ensure that events, recruitment and marketing efforts, curriculum, hiring practices, etc., are broadly inclusive
- Supporting the efforts of the Division for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DDEI), Multicultural Services, departmental diversity committees, and other similar campus units
- Assessing the impact of the College’s diversity and inclusion efforts
Associate Dean for Diversity, Globalization, and Policy
One to four faculty members from each academic department, interested College staff, DDI fellow (if RCOAL)
Two years, staggered within department, and may be reappointed if no other potential member is interested.